Friday, January 13, 2012

Stepping back.

Today I'm going to do a Blog unlike anything I've done in a long time.

It might be a bit too personal for some people, so you might want to tread lightly while reading the contents herein.

For the last little while I've been super busy as well as wrestling with a variety of issues on an emotional and physical level. It's been tough but at the very same time incredibly rewarding. When nothing makes sense anymore, remember to keep it all in perspective.

What do you do?

Do you let it overwhelm you and drown in the mire of fatigue?

Ruin your life and consume you whole?

Or do you suck it up,man up or insert whatever type of macho bravodo crosses your mind in this section.

What do you do?

Personally for the last few years since my Mom passes I've been rethinking a lot of the little things that occupy space in our life. Things that make us waste time. Being an independant artist means that time is always of the essence and you never seem to have enough hours in each and everyday. So, that means cutting out the things that make you waste what little time you have to create.
Do you know what you have to do?

What you really need as opposed to what you THINK you need?

Damn.

I've always been a big believer in trying to get my work out to anyone that would look at it but not at the cost of not being able to spend enough time with my family. We all have to make sacrifices at some point.

This last year that went by was quite an interesting year. I think I ended up doing a bit more than double the amount of private Commissions I did the year before. Not only did I have the time to do them but I was also able to put together a Sketchbook for 2011 AND at the sametime still continued work on Silent Scream and the ever expanding bonus section of the 3 books. Memento Mori Volume 2 is almost finished and will have a large Bonus section with tons of extras, ranging from pinups to some script pages as well as a Bonus story and a look at some pencils for a few pages and even unused pages. I'm going to submit it to Diamond and see what happens.

No matter what happens this year, I've already achieved more than I had thought possible and I'm still very far from finishing putting out creator owned work that is important to me. Myabe one day I can leave all the things rattling around in my head and do other people's stories but until that day I hope a lot of you will stick around with me for a wild ride.

Rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment